Issue 8 of Online Meetings
Sometimes there’s technical errors, and not everyone can participate. The same applies to face-to-face meetings when, for instance, trains and flights are delayed. But some of the technical errors can be prevented. The audio is the most important thing at a online meeting.
- Arrange a meeting some day ahead to test the technology. That way, people who can’t make it work can call helpdesk or update the software.
- When you lead the meeting on a regular basis you should have broadband Internet access. If some participants have poor Internet connections is on bad connections, ask them to call in or disconnect video.
- Use the program's audio test where you can set the sound. Use headphones.
- Update your computer so you have the latest versions of the software you are using.
- What are your best tips on avoiding technical errors? List them.
Feel free to send me an e-mail at [email protected] and tell me.